Medication was something I thought only weird people did, but after a tumultuous 2014 I turned to meditation to fix my life, and it did.
In 2014 I died an emotional death. So many things went wrong that made me emotionally numb. I had problems with my marriage, career, health, and finances that all came crashing together making life appear unbearable. I slipped further into my depression and alcoholism, and I shut down mentally and emotionally. I couldn’t connect to anything, my kids, my wife, my job, or even to myself. I was completely lost.
I contemplated going to a therapist, but ultimately decided to give meditation a try so I went into my basement and started meditating. I quickly connected to it and found myself meditating every chance that I could find for three months straight. I meditated as soon as I woke up, while eating breakfast, during my drive to work, during my lunch break, during my drive home from work, and at night after putting my kids to bed. After three months, I started to feel like I was transforming into a completely new person. I didn’t know if it was good or bad, but since I realized I had greater focus and discipline to lose weight I didn’t question if I was overdoing it. I was reborn because I saw life and people differently, and I knew things were going to be completely different from hereon out.
Meditation works. It will change you at your core because it allows you to loosen your connections to the things you are emotionally attached to. That will inevitably open you up, exposing your true self. You will begin to know yourself.
Below I discuss other life altering changes that will happen as a result of consistent meditation.
- You fully embrace who you are. Meditation leads to self-respect because as you get to know and get comfortable with yourself you will fall in love with yourself.
- You might be less tolerating of people. Meditation gives you peace of mind and as result you won’t tolerate people who prevents you from maintaining your peace of mind. You may come to realize that people are full of shit in their fake realities and you don’t want to waste unnecessary time dealing with people’s fake reality bullshit.
- You might be more tolerating of people. Conversely, you might be sympathetic to people because you know they are enslaved beings. Enslaved to their emotions and mental attachments.
- You will care less with what people think about you – As a result of meditating, your inner voice is strengthened and you will care less about the external voices that is full of judgment and criticism because your inner voice will be louder than it ever has been. You will become more confident and sure with the decisions you make for yourself and you won’t concern yourself with the perception other people have of you. This is type of freedom is beautiful.
- You will have emotional control – Meditation gave me complete control over my emotions. Things that had been bothering me no longer do. I am more forgiving to quickly release anger and I am able to control my excitement for things such as food, which helped me lose over 50 pounds.